Steve Maxwell of TechKNOWLEDGEy Strategic Group joins The Water Values Podcast this week to discuss the four ways we need to think differently about water. Steve shares a wealth of knowledge and experience in the water industry, and you’ll be sure to come away from this interview with a much broader understanding of the water issues affecting all of us and how we’ll look at those issues in the future.
In this Session, You’ll Learn about:
- The four ways we need to think differently about water
- Several sub-themes under the umbrella of the four themes of different water thinking
- How water will likely affect population patterns
- How water will likely affect international trade
- How water affects the goods we purchase and the food we eat
- Why water will increasingly factor into business decisions
- Why we need to pay more for our water
- A number of real world examples of the key themes identified by Steve
Resources and Links Mentioned in or Relevant to this Session Include:
- TechKNOWLEDGEy Strategic Group’s website (where you can download the 2014 Water Market Review)
- Amazon link for Steve’s book The Future of Water
- Wikipedia’s Factors of Production webpage
- Wikipedia’s Virtual Water webpage
- 2008 Blog entry by David Zetland (see Session 9 of TWV) on virtual water
- U.S. Water Alliance’s website
- Will Sarni’s appearance on TWV to discuss water as a business risk and opportunity
- Article about San Diego’s stormwater issues
- Carlsbad Desalination Project – San Diego’s desalination plant coming online in 2016
- 1994 Article on Intel and Albuquerque
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 14 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and to join The Water Values mailing list!