Eleanor Allen joins The Water Values Podcast to discuss the history and mission of the great organization she leads, Water For People. Eleanor provides fantastic examples of how Water For People’s mission has changed over time to gain greater focus and target its assets to provide the greatest benefits. She describes how Water For People chooses its projects and how it delivers those projects working through local communities. Take a listen and then help out Water For People this holiday season! Make it a tradition!
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Eleanor’s background and her journey to the CEO’s position of Water For People
- Water For People’s historical roots
- How Water For People has focused its mission
- The countries in which Water For People initiates projects
- The project criteria Water For People uses to identify projects
- How Water For People delivers its projects
- How you can help Water For People
- How Water For People is forging partnerships with businesses and other economic actors
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Eleanor’s Twitter handle: @EleanorH2O
- Water For People Twitter handle: @waterforpeople
- Water For People’s website
- Cottonelle’s #GoCommando4ACause Campaign
- Water For People’s webpage on its Absolut Elyx partnership
- Charles Fishman’s The Big Thirst book website
- American Water Works Association
- Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies
- National Association of Water Companies
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies
- TWV Podcast #042: The Importance of WASH Funding with John Oldfield
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 74 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!