Ambient Water CEO, Keith White, joins The Water Values Podcast for a fantastic discussion about Ambient Water’s unique distributed water solution. Keith takes us on the creative journey in which he conceptualized and tested a unit that could make safe, potable water out of the humidity in the air. After a long journey, he’s developed the technology and is now commercializing it with products that can help water poor areas with not only the provision of safe drinking water but also food supply and climate controlled shelter. You’ll be amazed with the distributed water solution that Ambient Water can provide and all the indirect benefits that result from the Ambient Water source of safe drinking water.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- The history of Ambient Water
- How Ambient Water’s products are “dehumidification on steroids”
- How Ambient Water creates dew points 24/7
- The difficulties involved and solutions found pertaining to condensing, transporting, storing and treating ambient water
- How the Ambient Water units differ from traditional dehumidification or air conditioning units
- The physical size of the units
- The production capabilities of the units
- The energy consumption of the units
- The “humidity belt” that is the sweet spot for the units
- Agricultural applications
- Industrial applications
- Emergency and disaster relief applications
- The food/water/energy/shelter solution that incorporates a vertical growing system
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Ambient Water’s website
- Ambient Water’s Twitter handle
- Clean Technica article about an industrial install of an Ambient Water unit
- Ambient Water release on academic collaboration with the University of California at San Diego
Sorry – no transcript this week. Let me know by emailing me if you miss the transcripts!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!