Knowledge is power, and this week, Reese Tisdale brings some serious knowledge about water infrastructure needs culled from the work of his firm, Bluefield Research. Reese takes us on a journey from Bluefield’s origins to how it researches and develops water market intelligence. He further provides tremendous insight into how various factors affect the water industry. You’ll truly enjoy Reese’s thoughts and opinions on the water market.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Reese’s background
- How Reese’s experience in the Peace Corps shaped his views on water infrastructure
- How Reese came up with the idea to start Bluefield Research
- How Reese undertakes market research
- Bluefield Research’s projected CapEx in the U.S. water utility sector over the next 10 years
- How Consent Decrees affect the projected CapEx
- How CapEx differs among regions of the U.S.
- Differences between municipal and private water market participants
- SmartWater investments
- Drivers for CapEx spending
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Bluefield Research’s website
- EPA’s Drinking Water Infrastructure Needs Survey and Assessment
- TWV 015: Where Does Our Lack of Water Infrastructure Investment Lead? With Marshall Davert
- TWV 081: The White House’s Moonshot for Water with Charles Fishman
- TWV 060: Change Leadership with DC Water CEO George Hawkins
Sorry – no transcript this week. Let me know by emailing me if you miss the transcripts!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!