A little something different for this year’s wrap-up. Rather than a monologue by me, I decided to pull in some water leaders and have a virtual panel about a remarkable year in water. Charles Fishman, Cindy Wallis-Lage and Jeff Kightlinger join the virtual panel to discuss a wide range of water issues from 2017 and offer their prognosis on water in 2018. Take a listen!
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Each panelist’s thoughts on the big issues in water in 2017
- How water issues are interrelated and entangled with everything from climate change to land planning to infrastructure development
- Water supply volatility and how utilities deal with it
- Public education and what’s needed to enhance it
- Each panelist’s thoughts on what 2018 portends in the water industry
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Charles Fishman’s bio
- Cindy-Wallis Lage’s bio
- Jeff Kightlinger’s bio
- Charles’ email: cnfish at mindspring dot com
- Charles prior appearances on The Water Values Podcast: TWV #080 The White House’s Moonshot for Water & TWV #035 The Future of the Safe Drinking Water Act and More Observations: A Panel Discussion from the 2014 NAWC Water Summit
- Cindy’s prior appearance on The Water Values Podcast: TWV #93 What Does Water Resources Resiliency Mean? An AWRA Panel Discussion
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!