Christine Boyle, President of Valor Water, joins The Water Values Podcast .
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- How Christine started Valor Water
- The University of North Carolina’s water program
- The four platforms Valor Water has commercialized for utility revenue
- Using software to find anomalies in the water distribution system
- “Real losses” from the water distribution system
- Using software to identify customers with potential payment problems
- How Valor Water identifies and segments customer classes for messaging about bill payment and cut-offs
- Using software to assist utilities with rate optimization and climate change planning
- “Stress testing” utilities for climate change scenarios
- Using software for conservation planning
- Meter fleet management applications
- The different data points and types that Valor Water uses
- How Valor Water helps utilities “unleash the power of their data”
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Valor Water’s website
- Christine’s email address: Christine at valorwater dot com
- Valor Water’s Twitter handle: @ValorWater
- University of North Carolina Environmental Finance Center
- TWV 047: The Ups and Downs of Environmental Finance with Jeff Hughes
- Moulton Niguel Water District website
Sorry – no transcript this week. Let me know by emailing me if you miss the transcripts!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!