Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
Byron Druss of InVizion LLC joins The Water Values Podcast for a discussion on maximizing capital plan efficiency. Byron identifies inefficiencies in traditional capital planning methodologies and explains how those inefficiencies can by cured through software as a service applications. He notes challenges and roadblocks that keep utilities from attaining efficient deployment of capital for the infrastructure needs.
Additionally, Reese Tisdale returns with a great Bluefield on Tap segment where he provides his takeaways from AWWA ACE. Settle in for some great insights in this episode!
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Byron’s background as an electrical engineer and water commissioner in New Jersey
- One of areas in which utilities are most inefficient
- How these inefficiencies creep into capital plan implementation
- How the inefficiency is often masked by overspending
- How software as a service can improve capital plan efficiency from 50% to nearly 100%
- How this approach is implemented within utilities, including data sets, timeframes, and more
- How you can determine if software as a service is right for your utility
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Byron’s LinkedIn Page
- Byron’s Twitter Profile
- InVizion LLC webpage
- TWV #072: The Importance of Asset Management with CH2M’s Scott Haskins
- TWV #058: The Envision(TM) Rating System with ISI VP of Public Education Denise Nelson
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!