Hydrogeologist Steve Baker joins us in this episode to discuss educating water well users about their groundwater so they can make decisions and change behaviors based on that knowledge. Steve’s Know Your Water Program creates a profile of water wells and allows well users to proactively manage their water use rather than wait until the well goes dry to realize a problem exists. It’s a great episode, and Steve is really an engaging guest, so take a listen!
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Fractured rock aquifers
- The data points Steve’s Know Your Water Program identifies
- How well users use the well data to manage their groundwater resources
- How Steve determines the recharge time for aquifers
- Why the California drought didn’t hit well users in Northern California as hard as Southern California (at least not yet)
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Steve’s email: stevebaker at operationunite dot co (yes, dot co NOT dot com)
- Operation Unite website
- One-pager on the Know Your Water Program
Sorry – no transcript this week. Let me know by emailing me if you miss the transcripts!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!