The one and only Pat Mulroy joins The Water Values Podcast for a discussion about water leadership and training the next generation of water leaders. Pat also discusses utilities facing problems, solving those problems, and preparing and planning for the future. This is a can’t miss episode of The Water Values Podcast.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Pat’s background and how she rose to be the General Manager of the Southern Nevada Water Authority and Las Vegas Valley Water District without being a “water” person
- What Pat thinks the tools the next generation of water leaders must possess
- How to encourage collaboration on tough issues
- Some history of how Colorado Basin states started collaborating
- Pat’s views on infrastructure financing and rates
- Where Pat sees water utilities headed in the future
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Pat’s recent book The Water Problem
- Pat’s bio on the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law website
- DC Water post on Century Bonds
- TWV #060: Change Leadership with DC Water CEO George Hawkins
- TWV #005: Are We Prepared for Increasing Water Scarcity? with John Entsminger
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!