Lisa Sparrow, President and CEO of Utilities, Inc., a water and wastewater utility company with a national reach, joins The Water Values Podcast to discuss acquisition strategy, her approach to finding solutions to important problems, and a discussion about women as contributors in the utility industry and about attracting women to the field.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- The water utility acquisition process as part of growth strategy
- How Utility, Inc. meets the needs of small to mid-size communities around the country
- Examples of the problems that troubled utilities face
- How utilities evaluate acquisition opportunities as a way to bring troubled utilities up to safe, reliable standards.
- How state government regulators impact acquisition decisions
- How utilities can work with regulators to implement creative solutions
- How acquisition adjustments by state regulators can incent further investment in utilities
- How utility investors can increase success in getting return on investment
- How to balance the economic and regulatory needs of all stakeholders involved in utility acquisitions
- How the interests of investors, customers and regulators compare
- The relationship between investors and regulators
- The role of women in the utility industry – and the opportunities available
- Leadership qualities the utility industry needs
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 36 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!