Ken Mercer, the American Water Works Association’s (AWWA) Senior Manager of Technical and Research Programs, comes on The Water Values Podcast to discuss the AWWA’s State of the Water Industry Survey. Ken does a deep dive into how those in the water industry perceive the industry from a variety of perspectives. Check this episode out and see how the industry thinks it’s doing! And if you’re not participating in the AWWA’s surveys, you need to start!
In this Session, You’ll Learn about:
- The basics of the AWWA’s State of the Water Industry Survey (Survey)
- Who participates in responding to the Survey
- What the most important water industry issues are
- Trends in the importance of certain water issues
- Thoughts on why certain issues have risen or fallen in prominence over the past few Surveys
- Whether utilities think they will be able to recover their costs in the future
- The importance of public education in promoting the water industry and its services
Resources and Links Mentioned in or Relevant to this Session Include:
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- AWWA State of the Water Industry Survey
- The Utility Management Conference
- Journal of The American Water Works Association
- Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA)
- Water Resource Reform and Development Act
- A Ditch in Time: The City, the West and Water by Patricia Nelson Limerick
- DC Water
- AWWA Resource Communities
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 23 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!