Alison Kastama, a communication manager with the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) and Heather Pohl, a project manager at SFPUC for the Automated Water Meter Program, join The Water Values Podcast for the first of a two-part discussion on the deployment of SFPUC’s advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) project. Alison and Heather explain the initiatives behind the AMI program, the technology and tools used to educate customers on usage reduction and the process to roll-out AMI. This is a must-hear episode for utilities interested in AMI!
In this Session, You’ll Learn about:
- The AMI program in San Francisco – from inception to implementation.
- The different types of metering solutions in the water industry.
- The technology used to develop the metering systems.
- The steps the SFPUC took to roll-out AMI to the City of San Francisco – from system design, RFP, billing, meter reading, data collections, quality assurance, field analysis and more.
- Customer reception and feedback on AMI so far and next steps.
Resources and Links Mentioned in or Relevant to this Session Include:
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission – Water Power Sewer
- Article on SFPUC’s use of AMI to curb water use during the California drought
- WaterWorld article on smart meters for the water industry
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 25 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!