Alison Kastama, a communication manager with the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) and Heather Pohl, a project manager at SFPUC for the Automated Water Meter Program, join The Water Values Podcast for the second half of a two-part discussion on the deployment of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) in San Francisco. Both Alison and Heather explain the initiatives behind the automated metering program, the technology and tools used to educate customers on water usage reduction and the process to roll out AMI. This episode is bound to shed great light on AMI and provide valuable tips for utilities thinking about AMI deployment!
In this Session, You’ll Learn about:
- How data is collected from automated and manual meters
- The information and data included in the MyAccount portal that’s useful for customers
- How customers can check how efficient they are with their water usage
- Benefits of the AMI system
Resources and Links Mentioned in or Relevant to this Session Include:
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- AWWA (American Water Works Association)
- PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric Company)
Click here to download the Transcript for Session 26 of The Water Values Podcast.
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!