Tony Parrott & Sharise Horne of the Louisville MSD tackle the important issue of water equity in Louisville, KY. Tony & Sharise describe how Louisville MSD’s workforce development, procurement programs, rate design & more in pursuing water equity.
Reese Tisdale also returns with our Bluefield on Tap segment where he details Bluefield’s takeaways and observations from WEFTEC and discusses the recently announced DELCORA deal in Pennsylvania.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- What water equity is
- How Louisville MSD assessed whether water equity existed in Louisville
- Louisville MSD’s strategy to attack the water equity problem
- How partnerships play a role in achieving water equity
- How Louisville MSD uses workforce development, transportation, child care and more in its quest to attain water equity
- Tony’s thoughts on One Water (we recorded this at the One Water Summit, you know?)
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Louisville MSD’s website
- Louisville MD’s Twitter handle: @louisvillemsd
- Tony’s LinkedIn Profile
- Sharise’s LinkedIn Profile
- TWV #137: A Fresh Perspective on WASH and Related Issues with Ed Bourque
- TWV #142: Los Angeles’ Approach to Infrastructure with Adel Hagekhalil
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!