The one and only Charles Fishman joins The Water Values Podcast to discuss a momentous development in water: the presence of a $267 million federal budget request from President Obama targeted to water initiatives. Charles brings his unique insight and gift for storytelling to this major development.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The backstory of how Charles came to write The Big Thirst
- Why a federal budget request for water technology innovation is so significant
- How water technology innovation even came to be in the federal budget request
- How the Paris climate talks impacted the budget request
- The programs that the budget request for water proposes to target
- Charles’ idea for furthering water technology
- How Charles proposes to implement his idea to release a flood of water innovation
Resources or links mentioned in are relevant to this episode include:
- Charles’ The Big Thirst website
- Charles’ Twitter handle
- UN World Water Day website
- Charles’ Fast Company article on the federal budget request
- The White House’s Water Resource Challenges and Opportunities for Technology Innovation (December 2015) whitepaper
- USA Today article on the “Moonshot for Water”
- TWV 21: What Path Will Water 4.0 Follow? With Prof. David Sedlak
- TWV 031: Accelerating Innovation in the Water Space with Chris Peacock
- TWV 60: Change Leadership with DC Water CEO George Hawkins
- TWV 068: Speeding Technology Adoption Among Water Utilities with FATHOM CEO Trevor Hill
- UPDATED: Charles’ New York Times article titled “The Water Data Drought” published March 17, 2022
Sorry – no transcript this week. Let me know by emailing me if you miss the transcripts!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!